AEA Fitness Professional Certification Renewal Information
AFP Certification Renewal Policies & Procedures
- AEA Certified Aquatic Fitness Professionals are required to renew their certification every two years. Early renewals can be submitted within 6 months prior to certification if all renewal requirements are met.
- AEA Certified Aquatic Fitness Professionals must obtain a minimum of 15 AEA Approved CECs to obtain recertification. If you earn more CECs than the minimum required, they do not carry over to the next renewal period. CECs begin at Zero (0) on your next term.
- A list of AEA Approved Continuing Education Courses can be found on this website, under Education/CE Provider List & Courses/CE Approved Courses. AEA may issue CECs to non-approved educational programs; Petition Form can be submitted under My Account.
- AEA Certified Aquatic Fitness Professionals must maintain current and valid CPR/AED Certification throughout the renewal term. CPR/AED Certification is worth 3.0 AEA CECs.
- There is a $55.00 Certification Renewal Fee. This fee represents on-time renewals that are received prior to the expiration date and with complete requirements fulfilled. AEA Certified Aquatic Fitness Professionals have 60 days grace following their certification expiration date, in order to renew without paying a late fee.
- Late fees will apply if we do not receive your Certification Renewal within 60 days of expiration. From 2 months - 1 year late fee is $30.00. From 13 months to two years late fee is $55.00. After two years you may be required to take the AFPC Examination again.
Online Renewal - It’s Simple & Easy!
Track your CECs ONLINE! Make sure all your CECs are tracked online under the My Account area. You will receive an email that you have submitted the CECs.
Click "Renew Certificate" button and complete all the required information.
You will receive confirmation that your renewal was received and if further information is needed, we will contact you.
REMEMBER: AEA does not automatically track your CECs.
Mail or Fax
If your CECs are in our online CEC Tracking, simply write “ON FILE” in this area of the form.
Please clearly mark any address / phone / email changes or updates.
If you are not renewing, please return the form and let us know why.
AEA Certification Renewal Form - pdf